Spoiler: the skincare diet method goes hand in hand with poverty!
I wish I had a better excuse for being away for so long, aside from “life happened”. But here I am again. Let’s see how this goes.
Before I started writing this, I revisited the last routine post I made, just to see if I really did do anything differently or if I was just lying to myself. Good to know that I wasn’t. Even if I swore I up and down that I wasn’t doing the 10-step thing, last year’s routine was just so much.
This year, thanks to poverty and the advice of my lord and savior Liah Yoo major cutbacks were done, some character development happened. Seriously. Purchases had to be deliberate and I had to stop myself from buying new things just because I could. (Well, except for the Innisfree essence, but that’s for later.)
So in case you missed it: I have oily skin, and I often break out when I get my period. And during pitch season
where I get one pimple for each brand I work on.
- Banila Co. Clean It Zero – I think this is my fourth tub? This one stays forever.
NIVEA Face Extra White MicellAIR Water – Not very particular with cleansing waters so I decided to give this a try and so far so good! I use this for removing eye and lip makeup. I also keep cotton pads soaked in micellar water in a Ziploc bag for when I need to cleanse before and after going to the gym!
- KOSE Softy Mo Collagen Makeup Cleansing and Facial Foam – Got this on sale at BeautyMNL after my Hada Labo cleanser ran out. It does the job but I’ll probably go back to HL when I finish this.
- Skin Genie Apple Cider Vinegar Toner – I think I can safely say after my fourth bottle: guys, if they stop making this, it will end me.
- Hada Labo Gokujyun Lotion – Another mainstay. Seems pricey up front but one bottle lasts you an entire year, I promise.
- SOME BY MI AHA, BHA, PHA 30 Days Miracle Cream – Bought enough samples to try it out for 2 weeks and it did wonders on my OT-damaged skin. Will probably get the full size when I run out.
- Hemp seed oil – Another Liah Yooh reco. Great for oily skin, especially if you have a damaged moisture barrier. I use this in the morning and my skin stays nice and hydrated during the day. Less shine later in the day, too!
- Innisfree Green Tea Seed Essence-in-Lotion – No shame: I BOUGHT THIS BECAUSE OF WANNA ONE. Thankfully this upgrade of their green tea line delivers on the hydration it promises. Smells great too!
I still use the same CosRX products when I need to do my acids, same goes for my pore cleansing routine and sheet masking. But here are some new additions that are worth mentioning:
- Skin Genie Anti-Eyeging – I keep forgetting to buy eye cream, sorry! I just use this in the morning, especially after late nights.
- Mizon Revital Lime Mask – For instant brightness and skin that doesn’t look like you had a mental breakdown the night before.
- Papa Bombee Recipe Honey Mask – When I was in Hong Kong, I nearly stopped a moving bus because I saw boxes of these on a shop window. Pun fully intended, this mask is the bomb.
I don’t know if the cutback was obvious but I like to think I’ve gotten better at listening to what my skin needs, as opposed to just buying whatever’s being hyped at the moment and hoping for the best. Yay?
Before I go, my apologies for the bad photos! I just needed to churn something out and if I waited for the camera, I might use it as an excuse to delay it haha. I will do better next time, I promise! ♡